Friday, June 01, 2012

A Pride Of Peacocks…

Having seen this wonderful card by Cristina on  A Blog Named Hero, I just knew I had to…well go straight out and buy the silhouette file, basically…and a few others while I was at it! And this is my attempt:
PeacockCutout
The background is a blend of two new (to me, anyway) distress inks; Peacock Feathers & Iced Spruce (u can call off the search, Lise, I treated myself) I bought the reinkers and I may yet live to regret it! I don’t know if you can see but there's a bit of cosmic shimmer thrown in there for good measure too.
And while I was playing about with these die cuts, I tried to see if I could use one as a mask with the flitter glue and gilding flakes… it didn't really work, I think I put too much glue on but then I put the excessively gluey bit of paper to use by adding the gilding flakes directly to it – u like?
PeacockGilded

3 comments:

  1. ...I can totally see why you'd want this Silhouette File, it's stunning as are your cards, the simplicity of the first is striking but the second with those guilding flakes is really special...awesome!...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's OK, I checked my stash when you left, I'd have noticed anything missing :) x Fab cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are absolutely fantastic. Love them! Do I spot an SU antique brad in there? Hmm, cant choose between them as they're both so fab.

    ReplyDelete