Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pencils & Polka Dots

I was asked to make two teacher thank you cards for my bestie. I knew they had to be more towards the cute than the fashionable end of the scale, but I’ll admit I was struggling with ideas.

MissRiley

I decided to fall back onto my old favourite sketch, which required a pictorial element.. which got me thinking about flash cards – they’re educational, right? So I downloaded a set of digital images… and didn't like any of them! So I made my own! The background (digi) papers are from Jessica Sprague.com, a set called School Daze by Dani Mogstad. I like the pencil design so I managed to clip it out of one of the papers and turn it into a flash card style image. Pretty chuffed with the end result and so is the “client” so all’s good!

No comments:

Post a Comment